الحصول على الاف المتابعين انستقرام
The effect of sugar on pregnancy
Pregnant women need special care because they are a burden for the woman who carries her children during pregnancy and secretes hormones during pregnancy. Diabetes is a disease that requires special care for a sick woman before pregnancy,
so you will be asked to plan well for pregnancy, especially if you suffer from a chronic disease such as diabetes. Diabetes during pregnancy.
The risks of stress from high and low blood sugar levels must be maintained and overcome, especially during the first few weeks of pregnancy, while the fetus is developing.
Definition of diabetes
Diabetes: It is a disease of high blood sugar caused by a defect in the secretion of insulin, a hormone secreted by the pancreas in the body, and/or decreased sensitivity of tissues to insulin,
- and diabetes is a serious cause. It is a chronic disease. Complications if taken care of and controlled and not prevented. In diabetes,
- the body does not convert sugar (glucose) into the energy it needs. This leads to the accumulation of sugar in the blood and leads to the weakness of the patient's body. You still need the energy you need to move,
- and symptoms include increased daily urination and increased thirst due to increased urination. energy production.
- Gestational diabetes: It is the first type of diabetes that affects a pregnant woman during pregnancy and can be a temporary accident,
- but care must be taken to ensure that it is stable and does not affect the fetus.
Types of diabetes
There are three types of diabetes, each with its own causes, but there is a common cause that combines all types of diabetes. This means that the pancreas in the body does not produce enough insulin.
- Type 1 diabetes: It occurs as a result of the destruction of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
- Type 2 diabetes: When the cells of the pancreas do not respond to the action of insulin. This causes the patient to require more insulin that the body cannot produce, leading to symptoms of diabetes.
- Pregnancy diabetes: Similar to the cause of type 2 diabetes, caused by the hormones secreted by pregnant women during pregnancy, women, especially women with a family history of diabetes (ie, genetically advanced diabetes), and diseases that cause insulin resistance in women with getting ready. ).
- Effects of diabetes on pregnancy
- High blood sugar in the first trimester increases the risk of birth defects and water increases during pregnancy.
- If the blood sugar level of a pregnant woman drops significantly over a long period, the growth of the fetus will be delayed.
- Diabetes has complications in the arteries and high blood pressure.
- Placental ischemia leads to fetal growth retardation and intrauterine growth retardation.