How to transfer contacts from iPhone to another iPhone or iPad via iCloud
How to transfer contacts from iPhone
Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
To transfer contacts from one iPhone to another using iCloud follow these steps:
- Sign in to the same iCloud account on both devices so they connect to wireless Internet (Wi-Fi).
- Enter the settings for the device from which contacts will be transferred.
- Print the name you want to transfer at the top then press iCloud.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and make sure the Connect option is installed.
- Go to the location of your iCloud backup and click (Backup Now).
- On the new iPhone go back to the iCloud section of settings and make sure that contact sync is enabled.
- Open the Contacts app and scroll down to refresh the screen.
- After a few minutes, your old iPhone contacts will start appearing on your new iPhone.
To transfer contacts from an old iPhone to a new iPhone using iTunes follow these steps:
- Turn on the new device and delete any settings you made earlier.
- Access the Apps and Data screen.
- Click Restore from (iTunes Backup).
- Click next.
- Open iTunes from your computer and select your phone device from it.
- Click Restore Backup.
- Choose a backup copy and make sure it's correct by looking at the date and size of each copy.
- This is required if the device requests an iOS update.
- If the backup is encrypted a password must be entered.
- Wait for the recovery process to complete then complete the setup steps.
- The device must remain connected to the Internet to allow content such as music apps and photos stored in iCloud to be automatically downloaded to the new device.
Transfer from iPhone to Android
To transfer contacts from iPhone to Android using iCloud follow these steps:
- Run a web browser from your computer you can run Firefox or Safari but not Chrome.
- Sign in to iCloud (iCloud.com)
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on Contacts.
- Click All Contacts in the upper right corner of the screen (or left if the page is in English).
- If your computer is a Mac press the Command key with the letter A on the keyboard or if you are using any other type of personal computer press the Ctrl key with the letter A at the same time.
- Click Settings at the bottom left of the screen (or right if the page is in English).
- Click (Export vCard) and the contact will be saved as a (vcf) file.
- If you open a new window you have to select all contacts again right click and move again.
To transfer contacts from an iPhone to an Android device using Google Contacts follow these steps:
- Run any web browser on your computer.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Press the Google Apps button at the top left of the screen (or right if the page is in English).
- Clicking on Contacts.
- Click Import Contacts at the bottom of the left menu (if the page is in English).
- Then click on Choose File.
- Click (vCard) and open it from your download or any other file you saved to.
- Click Import and all your contacts will appear in seconds.
- When the red message appears at the top of the screen click Find and Merge Duplicates.
- Then click on the word Merge in the window that appears then double-click on the contact after merging.