Fetal development in the sixth month
Fetal development in the sixth month
The sixth month of pregnancy represents the period between the 23rd and 27th weeks of pregnancy, the month in which the fetus continues to move,
and its movement may occur for the first time this month, and this month is different in that its lungs are fully developed, but it is worth noting that We show that the lungs still do not function outside the womb.
Twenty-three weeks of pregnancy will see some development and level of development in the fetus, including the fetus starting to move its eyes rapidly,
and many edges or corners on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. It should be noted that these edges will evolve into fingerprints of the hand in addition to fingerprints in the future.
As for the expected growth of the fetus's weight, in the next four weeks of the fetus's life, its weight will double, so it will double as it was before pregnancy, and its skin will look loose,
because the skin of the fetus grows faster than fat, and it is worth it by clarifying the appearance of the organs And the bones through the skin and making it look a little red, because of the arteries and veins that lie under these organs, fat accumulates on the body of the fetus over time, so the fetus becomes less. transparent,
and in terms of development that occurs in the lungs. They still can't work at full capacity, but they start doing breathing exercises as they leave the womb to get ready for life, and parts of the lower airways in the lungs start to form called alveoli,
so it can be said that the fetus in this pregnancy week depends on the placenta getting oxygen, It will continue to depend on oxygen until birth.
While the fetus can hear sounds, including the mother's heartbeat and voice, as of the 16th week of pregnancy, it becomes more sensitive to sounds around this time in pregnancy, making them more visible.
During the 24th week of pregnancy, many changes can occur in the fetus, including wrinkles on the skin covering the fetus,
This week of pregnancy differs in that the fetus is more awake and stable at bedtime and wake times, but the mother does not You can control the sleep of the fetus. wake him up, he may wake up when you sleep, sleep starts kicking and kicking and sleeping when he wakes up,
in the context of talking about the movement and kicking of the fetus; He showed that his movements and kicks are simple at first, hardly perceptible, then as the size of the fetus increases, a pregnant woman feels the more clear movement of the fetus, but when the weight of the fetus becomes very large compared to its size. the original people;
Movement becomes quieter because the uterine space becomes narrower compared to the size of the uterus. In terms of the development that takes place at the level of the fetus’s brain, it is worth noting that it is growing at a very large rate.
The motor development of the facial muscles is very important, and it qualifies the fetus to smile and make some other movements. Depending on the movement of the facial muscles, in the case of the eyes, which indicates that the eyelids are separated, but still closed,
in fact, the inner ear is fully developed, and because the inner ear is responsible for controlling the equilibrium part. Once their development is complete, the fetus can sense its position, such as when it is in an upside-down position, for example, while floating in the amniotic fluid surrounding the fetus. or others.
Researchers and experts compare the size of the fetus during this week of pregnancy to the size of radish or two stacked trumpet juices, so that this week the fetus is about 23 cm long and weighs about 680 grams. Not especially the twenty-fifth week. At the level of other organs and body systems, this indicates the development of a group of organs, but growth and development are not yet complete, including the brain, lungs, and digestive system, and development. Other conditions that occur at the level of certain organs during this week of pregnancy are as follows:
- Head and neck: During the 25th week of pregnancy, a series of developments also occur at the level of the head or face and neck,
- including the development of vision and hearing, as the brain and its commands control the visual and auditory systems.
- Vision responds to light in a way that develops in the way that our eyelids become mobile, our mouths are more sensitive, and our nostrils are open.
- It is worth noting that at the 25th week of pregnancy, permanent tooth buds are also forming in the upper part of the gums.
- Lungs: During this week of pregnancy, the lungs grow and develop at a noticeable rate, and produce a lung-specific substance that helps the lungs expand or relax muscles after the fetus leaves the mother's womb (ie after birth), but this is true. It is worth knowing that until this point, the lungs are very immature.
- Blood: Small blood vessels grow under the skin in the 25th week of pregnancy, and they are called capillaries.
- Heart rate: The fetus's heart rate is estimated to be around 140 beats per minute this week, indicating that this rate is faster than the state of the heart after birth.
Weight: The fetus continues to gain weight rapidly.
Certainly, the movements of the fetus are very visible this week, and the movements and kicks of the fetus often vary, and some external environment may be stimulating the movement of the fetus; For example, loud noises may cause the fetus to jump and kick.
It is usually not painful for the mother, she may increase her sense of surprise and mothers may also feel burping from the fetus from time to time, and one of the things we want to point out is that the urine secreted by the fetus is present in the amniotic fluid that surrounds the fetus,
so most of this fluid is fetal. Urine, but this plays an important role in protecting the fetus and maintaining its temperature in the desired manner.
The difference this week of pregnancy is that the eyes of the fetus are blue, and this color may remain the color of the eyes of the child after birth, and the fetus weighs about 0.9 grams this week,
and the development continues. The fetus and its growth so that its wrinkles will decrease during the next few months and the density of fat and muscle tissue in it will increase significantly. Over time, its shape becomes closer to the date of birth for the newborn and returning to talk about the developments of pregnancy this week; The fetus becomes better in response to the world around it,
develops the skills of sucking, seeing, listening, and tasting so that it can move with its mother's movements, including the touch of the mother's hand to her stomach, other things that happen at this stage of the key to pregnancy are the testicle is in exactly the right place Now,
with the lungs continuing to develop and grow rapidly, but not completely, and if the mother is born this month, the fetus has an 80 percent chance of survival if it is placed in the intensive care unit.
The fetus at this week of pregnancy weighs about 907 grams and is about 36.6 cm long, about the size of a cauliflower head. The pregnant woman this month should pay attention to rest or sleep on time,
the comfort of the fetus, and its lack of movement to obtain the necessary rest, so if the fetus kicks and moves during the night, the pregnant woman may suffer from insomnia,
and in this case, the pregnant woman is advised to take a nap during the day to compensate. For insomnia at night, and when talking about the fetus in the context of sleep, which indicates that it becomes more organized during this period of pregnancy,
the pregnant woman can also feel the hiccups this week, and if the hiccups are repeated, it is recommended to consult a doctor, and generally, the fetus is more active in the afternoon And the evening.
An overview of fetal development
- Before talking about the development of the fetus in the sixth month, it should be noted that most of the growth processes that occur at the level of development take place during the first trimester of pregnancy and that most of the organs and structures have already ended in the first.
- In the last trimester, that is, three months after conception, they have a better understanding of gestational age and gestational age issues.
- It has been proven that the opinion of most experts is that pregnancy begins on the first day of the woman’s last menstrual period before conception because in most cases pregnancy does not occur during the first and second weeks,
- and the fetus’s age is from the third week of the last menstrual period. The time of calculation in this way has already passed forty weeks,
- and has been separated by the third trimester so that the pregnancy is three months; The first trimester is from the beginning of pregnancy until the thirteenth week,
- and the second is from the fourteenth week to the twentieth week, the end of the seventh week, the third and last trimester,
- bet and ween the eighth week. Week It should be noted that dividing the pregnancy months in this way and knowing the weeks of pregnancy can help in monitoring the health of the mother and fetus, knowing what is happening each week, and knowing what to expect.
- What are the causes of ectopic pregnancy?