Constipation treatment during pregnancy
Constipation and pregnancy
Constipation during pregnancy is the expulsion of a pregnant woman less than 3 times a week and constipation is a common problem during pregnancy constipation occurs for the first time during pregnancy often due to the hormone progesterone, which rises significantly during pregnancy This slows the movement of food through the digestive system, causing the pregnant woman to become infected Constipation Taking iron supplements or other nutritional supplements and vitamins during pregnancy can help in the advanced stages of pregnancy when the fetus is growing large and puts extra pressure on the mother's rectum. This can cause constipation
Treating constipation in pregnancy
- There are many ways a pregnant woman can avoid constipation and treat it if it occurs. Some tips include 1. Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains 2. Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated 3. Exercise regularly to keep Pelvic muscles are strong and flexible
- Eating more fiber can help prevent constipation. A good source of fiber is fresh fruits and vegetables. It is recommended to eat about 25-30 grams per day. If you like a nutritious and delicious dish, try the peas in whole grain bread. This dish is full of fiber and protein, which will give you the energy you need. all day long
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration Researchers estimate that this is equivalent to drinking about 8 glasses of water
- Pregnant women are advised to exercise for 20-30 minutes three times a week The types of sports recommended depend on the woman's doctor but may include yoga, walking, and swimming It is important to ask the doctor before starting any new physical activity The main goal of exercise when suffering from constipation It stimulates bowel movement
The nature of the pharmacological treatments used for constipation is focused on controlling constipation in general, and this is done using laxatives. About the use of laxatives during pregnancy, they aim to control constipation specifically. Pregnancy does not always mean that fetuses will suffer from problems or imbalances. It is important to warn women against using laxatives for a long period because this may lead to dehydration and loss of important salts and minerals from the body. Pregnancy is a time of great change and growth.
- Laxatives that increase stool bulk are called laxatives that increase stool bulk. These laxatives work by making stool bulkier rather than absorbing it into the bloodstream. Some examples of these laxatives are methylcellulose and sterculia.
- Lactulose is a type of sugar that is not digested and that pulls water into the intestines, making it easier for the body to move things around. The manufacturer indicated that lactulose can be used during pregnancy when necessary.
- Macrogol is a medicine that helps increase the amount of water in the stool, which helps in the excretion process
- Glycerin suppositories are used to stimulate the intestines in cases of severe constipation
- Bisacodyl is a laxative that stimulates the intestines and makes stools more watery
- Senna is an herb that stimulates the intestines and helps rid the body of waste. Some studies suggest that senna can help treat constipation during pregnancy. However, it is important to note that these studies were done on pregnant women who used senna early in pregnancy. The use of senna during pregnancy any problems or fetal abnormalities
- Docusate sodium is a laxative that can stimulate bowel movements. Three studies were done on its use during the first and twelfth week of pregnancy, all of which resulted in the termination of fetuses. Therefore, any disturbances or problems during this time should be noted. Women using a laxative that does not contain this ingredient have had Fewer bowel problems
- Sodium picosulfate is a type of laxative that helps stimulate the intestines and make it easier for the body to move stool
- Linaclotide is a laxative used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation, and it also stimulates the intestines
- Lubiprostone helps the intestines to move stools more easily
- Prucalopride is a laxative that stimulates bowel movements